Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday

I'm making a blanket for Kelly. In my opinion it is going to be very cute, even though it will be crudely made. (No pattern, and I'm really not very good at crochet anyhow...so...yea.) Sort of like the socks I made him. (Poor guy! But he wears them all the time and swears he loves them so, I guess it is okay they look horrible!)

Anyways, blanket. It is going to have a little pouch on the end for his feet to go into, and then it will be long enough to cover up his legs. It gets pretty cold in here during the winter, and this will help keep him warm when he's at his desk. :)

We got the kids' school pictures back today. (Well 2 yesterday, 2 today, and I guess Zachary will bring his home whenever it is the "cool" thing to do. LOL) They are so cute! They sent home magnets and plastic laminated "gift tag" pictures, which are cute but sort of "what in the world would I do with them?" So I think we'll only be keeping the magnetic ones to send out to family. YAY!

I made "mulligan" for dinner tonight. It is a family recipe and every time I make it my mind gets flooded with memories of my grandfather who was the genius behind the recipe. He taught me how to fish when I was teeeeny tiny, and I still remember spending time with him at his cabin...he had flannel sheets, and it was nestled right up against a lake...so beautiful! Thinking back on the amazing life he had, and the amazing memories I had with him, it makes me feel very bittersweet that I drifted so far away from him as time went on.

Anyways, it is now 10:30pm, and I suppose...I should head to bed. ^.^

1 comments:

Sandra said...

You'll have to post a pic of your blanket, I'm sure Kelly will love it :)

Our kids pics came home too and yep, Nic's came first and Jasmine's after LOL