Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!


The weather in my neck of the woods:
LOVELY! Upper 60's, sunny skies and a fair breeze!


Things that make me happy:
Kelly and Zachary and their nerd giggles ringing out at random times over silly things. ^.^


Book I'm reading:
The Countess by Rebecca Johns


What's on my TV today:
House? I don't know, it depends on what's new on fancast. <.<


On the menu for dinner:
oh, crap.


On my To Do List:
Put away laundry
sweep out some corners. :D


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Pecan Divinity. I can't wait to get boxes together to send people! :D



In the craft basket:
Kelly's blanket, still. I have never made a blanket before and this seems like a rather large undertaking. -.-

Looking forward to this week:
TURKEY DAY!! :) I can't wait!! I may not like all the people I will be spending the day with, but I know I can hide myself away with Kelly and the kids and ignore them! :D


Tips and Tricks:
I found the best recipe ever last year. Bacon on the turkey before you cook it! You weave the bacon over the turkey and hold it down with toothpicks. While the turkey roasts the bacon cooks, and lends the flavors to the turkey, while also crisping the skin and holding in moisture! YUMMY!!!!



My favorite blog post this week:
anything on Kelly's blog. I'm so happy he's blogging again! :D


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
none


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:
He who laughs last, tends to sound awkward because they didn't get the joke. -.-


On my mind:
Thinking up ways to make money since I never hear back about the applications I'm putting out. I love being at home with the kids, but I would rather make money so we could be in our own house in Idaho!!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:3-5

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I want to get a giant bow and start shooting my kids around. What a blast!

Jillina said...

They are strong arrows, doubtless they will fly true.

Jen said...

Love your lesson learned. Too funny. Have a great Thanksgiving.