Monday, November 8, 2010

Blarg.

I finished reading the comic at http://www.xkcd.com (to date) which is 816 strips long. It made me laugh a great deal, and scratch my head at times. (I still don't understand the Higgs Boson, but Kelly says this is because it is theoretical and isn't supposed to make sense.) ANY way, that's my main accomplishment this week. This is a great comic for nerds because there is a lot of math and science integrated into the humor. (For those of you who cringe at the thought of math or science being funny, this probably wouldn't be a good comic for you!)

Also, working on finishing Dragongirl by Todd McCaffery. It is an audiobook, which means I have to listen at the rate someone else reads (slow) and I have to find time when I can actually LISTEN to the book, which is more challenging than I thought it would be. I have also found that it is very difficult for me to listen to a book. As with most of the books in this series, I'm really enjoying it! I would love to live on Pern!

Making chicken soup for dinner in an attempt to kick the cold out of my head. I dislike the lack of energy almost as much as I dislike all the mucus that comes along for the ride. Also my left eye looks like something from the black lagoon. It is red and swollen and very angry. Very. Angry. Indeed.

This morning the local gas company has their meter readers out in our neighborhood. The funniest thing, really, is that this is a new guy. He has no idea where our meter is. Why would I know? I never have to look at the blasted thing!

Oh yea, HAPPY MONDAY. -.-

0 comments: