Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!


The weather in my neck of the woods:
50's, mild~ it was 60 at 5:30 am, and now it's like chilly cold? LOL!


Things that make me happy:
Pumpkin pie with cool whip~ yum!


Book I'm reading:
Magnolia Wednesdays and Calico


What's on my TV today:
We are listening to "The 100-year-old Secret" a 2011 Sequoyah Nominee as a family. I'm not sure that counts for "on TV" but it is our entertainment. ;)


On the menu for dinner:
Leftovers, or maybe Spaghetti


On my To Do List:
Bathroom deep cleaning
Take trash to curb


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Eggplant Enchiladas ~ YUM!



In the craft basket:
I wonder if I'll ever finish Kelly's blanket. -.-


Looking forward to this week:
Payday. ^.^


Tips and Tricks:
Follow your heart.



My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading yet


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):




No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:
Sometimes people are hard to understand, and the sheer ambiguous nature of the world takes me by surprise. I'm trying to say what I mean, and mean what I say with as few words as possible to cloud up the meaning. "Yes." instead of "Yeah, if I have time." etc etc!


On my mind:
The Bourlands and their struggles with their childrens' school environment. School should be a place for learning, and all this other non-sense needs to be seen and addressed by teachers long before it reaches the ears of parents. As a nation we need to revitalize our education system, even if it means pulling our kids out and teaching them ourselves. Passion for learning and knowledge isn't going to be learned from a bitter ninny of a teacher who just wants to retire.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. ~Psalm 37:7-9

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you for your thoughts Sam, and you are so right, schooling has just become such a stressful environment for the kids lately, it's just not fair to send off every day knowing that they will be hating every second spent in the classroom.

I would much rather sacrifice my own free time and put it towards something meaningful, like teaching my children and trying to rejuvenate their love for learning.

Kelly said...

You are freakin crazy.
Cool Whip????
Substituting plant fats for animal fats does not make it healthier and adding high fructose corn syrup kills it.

Cool Whip has 15 calories from fat, mostly from hydroginated plant oils (although it does still contain milk) and 28 calories total, including insidious high fructose corn syrup, in a 9 gram serving.

Redi Whip whipped cream has 18 calories from fat but only 27 total calories and is real cream.

Want to be grossed out, check out this father's 12 day Cool Whip experiment to demonstrate to his daughter what modern processed foods are like...
http://www.jonathanfields.com/blog/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/

Kelly said...

I share similar feelings about other products made mostly of plant derived fats.
Here is a nice little blurb about margarine.
http://abundantlife-katie.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-is-quote-i-found-in-book-im.html

Jen said...

I love the scripture! Thanks for sharing.