Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Almost HERE!

MY BLOG HAS TURKEYS!!! ;D

CUTEST blog background possible for the upcoming TURKEY DAY!!! :D

Thanksgiving is one of my FAVORITE holidays!

I love cooking, especially for my ungrateful and often horribly mean family. (Not my husband and kids, the other people! My husband and kids love me and my exploratory cooking style!!) It is a time for making yummies and enjoying the people you love and even expressing how awesome and wonderful they are! Sort of like Valentine's Day, only so much more fulfilling!

I went shopping today and bought my first turkey of the season! Overall I will end up cooking 3 or 4 with different flavors and styles of cooking! It's going to be an amazing and delicious dinner, to say the least! :D

Today we had leftovers, and I sliced up some ham and fried it up for Kelly and me to eat. I added some shredded cheese to make it melty yummy~ but then I had a bad idea. I thought it if put a little mayo on it, then it would be JUST like a ham sandwich without the gluten rich bread we used to eat sandwiches on!

.........Just in case you've never tried to make a sandwich with two slices of ham, cheese, and mayo let me help you and tell you it is a terrible idea. I think this is the first time my cooking made Kelly gag. HAHAHA :D Aw, well it sounded like a good idea in my brain! :)

I also made some delicious chocolate chip cookies. The recipe did not call for any plain white sugar, and so I was nervous to say the least. It came out pretty well, but the cookies pretty much collapsed. They looked all ...weird. Here, take a look!



You can't really tell, but the dough is all flat and the chips look like huge bulbous things. They look lumpy and while they are delicious, they are not big fluffy gooey cookies like I favor!

This is the recipe I used tonight:

1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 stick Crisco Butter Flavor shortening stick
2 tbsps. milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (we used regular size for both!)

Heat oven to 375.

Combine brown sugar, crisco, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat egg into creamed mixture.

Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until blended.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. (I use parchment paper because it makes cleanup SUPER fast and easy if you have any accidental burnings!)

Bake 8-10 minutes for gooey cookies, 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.

Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to cool completely. (This step seems pointless, because the cookies don't last 2 minutes out of the oven!)

----------------------

Anyways, as I said~ an odd recipe in my opinion. We tried it! It was yummy but I didn't like the texture much, so we probably won't be including these ones in holiday boxes!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

LOL on your comment about the horrible family and the sandwich with the ham LOL

Jillina said...

i made kelly gag ^.^ that's gotta be worth some points!!