Wednesday, January 9, 2008

School's In!

I'm so glad the kids are back in school. It's so quiet around here for a few hours now! I would like to say it gives me more time to get things done without distractions, but it isn't true. I haven't done anything really, just chilled and enjoyed the quiet.

Anyhow, today is Mom's 50th birthday. We're all going over to her house. It's making everything very tense here, because we have some pretty different views from my parents. Like about how to raise kids, how children should behave, and well---life in general. I know we have great kids, I've had a small hand in raising them to be as bright and wonderful as they are. I shouldn't need my parents' approval, but for some reason as with all things in my life great and small, I sort of wish they could see how great their own daughter is. Yea, right.

Not sure what Dad has planned for tonight, but I'm sure it'll backfire. Or my little sister will show up and throw a fit like she usually does, until everyone's angry at her or eachother and wishes they had never shown up.

My parents changed the locks so my little sister wouldn't be able to "move back" into their house---again. So she's pretty pissed at them. I don't blame her--they've had the same lock on that house for 15 years, and change it because of her. In their defense, she was stealing painkillers and is quite addicted. In her defense...they're her parents! THEY SHOULD BE HELPING HER!! .......anyways, they didn't tell her about the small Christmas get together they had. It wasn't formal, I had gone over to wrap kids' presents since we didn't really have the room here. My little brother was there, because he fell at work and couldn't move (lol, trapped him!) and my older sister and her husband showed up, and then Mom came home from work. So, it was basically Mom and Dad's whole family, minus my little sister. They lied to her over the phone about people being over, lied about what was going on, and I left soon after that because I was mad at them for treating her like that.

Then a few days later my little sister called me, and I was shocked as I looked at the caller ID, but happy she'd think to call me at all. ................but all she wanted was to know if we had any left over pain killers she could get from us, because she's in "so much pain." I really want to believe her, but after 5 years and dozens of doctors unable to find anything wrong with her, my faith is being testing a bit too hard.

Oh...I didn't mean to rant. :

I'm sure there will be another post later, after the fiasco at Mom's birthday.

Have a wonderful day!

0 comments: