Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

Here comes another year, and another blog. I've wiped all my previous entries, and decided to start this thing over again. I went from a tech blog, to an artsy blog, and my last terrible blog was a political thing, which I'm not too good at. Now, I'll just post at random and see if anyone can keep up.



I'm a working mother of five. When I say working, I mean: I work, but my family comes first. I also enjoy online gaming, reading, and writing. I dabble in some artistic crafts--but never anything serious. It's pretty much a simple life of family and hobbies. My husband is a retired USAF Sgt. and computer geek, who's always right. We have five beautiful children, (by age) Zachary, Joshua, Sarah, Gabriel and Amaya. They range in age (currently) from 8 to 2.



The kids are out of school for Christmas break, and since I abandoned my most recent job before the break, I've gotten to spend a lot of time with them. It's been a lot of fun!



Zachary got an award for being one of the top students in the school. This is from his great grades, willing and helpful attitude, and lack of disciplinary problems so far this year. He's on the principal's honor roll, and got to go out to lunch with the principal because of it.



Joshua is progressing as well, although at his grade they don't do the same awards they do at Zachary's. He's ahead of his class in most areas, and his teacher adores him--it's an easy adoration to catch on to. He's a helpful child, and enjoys going to school.



Sarah and Gabriel are both doing well in their classes, Sarah is somewhat a teachers pet and is far ahead of her class. I feel at times I should've let her go to school last year, although it would've ended up being late. I realized in around January that her birthday was before the cut-off date, unlike Gabriel's. They enjoy being in the same grade, their classes are next door to one another, so it worked out for the best I think. Gabriel's a bit on the shy side, and I think having his sister closer helps him out.



Amaya is learning her letters and numbers with flare, and taking great pride in herself for yelling them at random moments. She may be going to daycare soon, which I'm sure she will absolutely enjoy--she's so lonely during the day when the other kids are at school.



Overall the children we have in school are all brilliant, and continually out perform the rest of their classes, I'd like to say it's genetics, but I think it's just good parenting.







My recent persuits include a book titled "Coyote" by Allen Steel. This is a sci-fi book about a group of political dissenters who basically hijack a multimillion dollar space ship and rocket off to a new, uninhabited planet. It highlights the life of the teenage generation of settlers, and follows the trial and error of living in a wild environment. I greatly enjoyed this book, although there are times when the technical side got to be a bit long-winded. It did give the story a sense of reality, but it distracted from the immersion factor since I don't always understand the theory behind the long-winded descriptions. Either way, it was a great read and I happily give it a 7/10 subtracting three for the long-winded nature of technical explainations. The character development is delightful, although there are some chunky spots towards the middle.

Well it looks like it's way past bed time. I have a billion things to wrap up, and a pile of books to dig through.

Happy Surfing!



**Our children enjoy their learning experiences at school, and at home. We promote Study Dog and StarFall.com, great tools for all young minds! Our schools have StarFall in their classes!

0 comments: