Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday...Already?!!?

A few things today..

First of all, my Grandma has a pacemaker put into her heart. Since thing she's had an irregular heartbeat, that has caused dizziness and a few other problems. Well, she went in today and they "shocked" her so now her heart is beating regularly and she's doing much better. We're very happy for this great news, she's an amazing woman and I hope she sticks around a lot longer.

Secondly, it's just tax season. Don't panic. Do not panic. You can handle it. The papers come in the mail, you fill out the forms, you send them in. If you aren't lying--you have NOTHING to panic about. We use TurboTax online, because we don't trust tax preparers. (Especially ones we're related to.)

Third. I haven't had a chance to rant about the "natrual" mother of my little angels in this blog yet. Mainly because she's done the normal dissapearing act. Well, her oldest son- who still lives with her...or is supposed to when she isn't pawning him off on her family, bless his little heart!- recently emailed Zachary to say she would be calling on his birthday. Guess what she didn't do? She hasn't called since last summer, early--before I worked at Sonic, so I'll say around May. When she called THAT time it was 9pm, and she wanted me to wake the kids up so she could talk to them. WTF? I'm not waking my kids up for a chat, let alone a chat with a complete psycho!

Anyways, before that I think it was around 2 years since the last time she called. Regardless, she's insane. She calls to wish the kids a Merry Christmas in May, or a Happy Birthday in June when none of our kids HAVE birthdays in June. She lies endlessly, and harps on the kids for not calling her mommy. LIKE SHE DESERVES IT? Anyways, I've decided to be nice to her. She never follows through with her idle threats of visits and phone calls, I might as well humor her.

What really breaks my heart? She's using Cody to lie to her kids now. They all worship Cody and adore him, I really don't think it is fair to him that she's ruining his reputation now as well. Luckily, Zachary calls her a liar and knows that the messages Cody passes on are only as good as her word. He's such a mature young man!!

My job waiting continues. I've been upgraded now, instead of a $10.00 an hour part time job with the electric company, I'm not being offered a $12.00 an hour full time job with overtime possibilities. This is an AWESOME opportunity, as it'll give me more income. More income means more money to save for our move back to Idaho. YAY!

I made some bread lastnight, and it came out pretty decently. I'll share the cheap recipe. ;)

2 tubes Pillsbury French bread
butter
sugar
cinnamon
Honey

Pre-heat oven to 350!
Remove bread from tubes, twist and put in a spiral pattern in a round pie pan. Cut slices randomly into the top- the more you cut the more patterns you get at the end, and it looks really neat with a bunch of cuts!
Spread butter over the top of the bread dough, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the break isn't doughy in the center, it'll look dry all across the top.
Cut out slices of the bread, butter, drip honey over the top and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar.

Yum!

That's all folks! :)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well.....I'm not surprised Miss Hides in the Shadows is still acting that way LOL

Sorry she's using Cody though, that's really sad :(

I'll have to give your bread a try it sounds really good and just the kind of stuff we like.

Hope you guys are all doing well :)

Love ya,
Sandra

Sandra said...

BTW, you've been tagged LMAO