Monday, January 14, 2008

HmMmMmm






Well, now I'm sure I *could* be a bigger nerd, I'm just not sure how. All I will say, in my defense, is at least I didn't use DAoC screenshots.






We got report cards for the kids today. Zachary is still getting all A's - he's so brilliant! I wish his teacher would send him home with more homework, so we could be more interactive with his learning process. I haven't even had the chance to meet his new "Texas Imported" teacher, who had to leave town during conferences, and short of showing up in the middle of class hasn't given me the opportunity to meet her. (grrr.)






Sarah is over-performing, which I'm very proud of. Her teacher is very fun, I enjoy talking to her. She's going to have such an easy time with school, I'm going to have to find a way to keep her interested so she doesn't let her mind wander like I did.






Joshua's a helper in class, always helping everyone. His teachers always love him. (It's easy to do. ;)) Unfortunately, I think his teacher is a bit flakey. (And I swear it has nothing to do with her 5 foot 9 slender model figure and flowing golden blonde hair--augh!!) She drives me nuts with her circle talk and "smoothing over" skills.






Gabriel is getting along decently well, although he aparently gets distracted by Sarah being in the class next door to him. His teacher was teaching second grade last year, because her class was next to Zachary's class last year. Was putting her in charge of K a demotion from 2nd?? <.< >.>






Joshua and Gabriel's report cards are things I will be discussing with the principal sometime soon. They both show lack of mastery in several areas, and I disagree. They show proficiency with these things all the time, and I feel like their teachers are slackers to say the least. I'm really just not impressed with this school. :( I forgot how much I hated the Oklahoma School System, but I let Mom talk me into believing it was just perspective. Well, it isn't.






Amaya's getting so big. She's addicted to Telletubbies now. These shows drive me nuts. Anyone know good shows ? -.-






Anyways-- tomorrow is Zachary's birthday. He's going to be 9. When did he get so big?? I remember just yesterday he was starting school on base, and ....and.....sigh.

0 comments: