Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Put on Hold

There really isn't anything worse than being put on hold.

Especially when it's about a job, and you're in desperate need of money.

Anyways, this job I've been waiting on for half of forever is aparently waiting on my background check to come back; which seems a bit fishy to me, as there's nothing they could possibly dreg up about me unless they're hunting down ex'es. ;) I mean seriously I went for the drug test/background test starting paper work the week before the New Year. Doesn't that seem a bit too long? Well, it does to me.

So I've put my book on hold for a few days while I let my brain veg out. I've been playing Anarchy Online, since it's free. It's a pretty fun game, but it's way complicated.

Oh, I have a fun story about my apartment to share. When we moved in here, we complained at length because there was paint on the carpet. Not only on the carpet, but on everything including sinks, and the heat elements of the crap stove. It looked like they gave a monkey a roller brush and a vat of paint and set it loose on this place. Plug faceplates painted over, cable outlets, everything, coated in this tacky cheap paint. On some walls, there is debris all over that was painted onto the walls, and it won't come off and it just pesters the hell out of me. Anyways, the bathtub has been chipping for some time now, and lastnight I got a glimpse of the tub beneath the paint. Brown, stained, and gross! So I dumped a bunch of bleach in, scrubbed until I wasn't angry anymore, and now it's all pretty and white and paint splotched. :) It was another sign of how gross this complex is on top of all the other problems we've faced!

Tomorrow is Mom's 50th birthday. Dad called to invite us to her dinner, or well....I think it was "us," he didn't really say who all was invited. I'm going to have to call and clarify later. If he didn't invite all of us, then no one will be going. I hate to sound really petty, and I know it's Mom's birthday and we should all be nice and get along or whatever, but I refuse to go to a family function if I can't take my family and have us all be welcome. :

So I'm excited today, to say the least. I could have a job by the end of this week, and it'll be so fun and such. I know there's nothing on my background report, so it's a pretty positive thing. :)

Have a great day#$%^&*!

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Well I hope the job comes through for you Sam, I know you are really excited about it.

LOL on the apartment and the monkey, I actually visualized that LOL