Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kelly, Finished it!, Up Next--etc

We took Kelly to the hospital lastnight. He has bronchitis and an acute exacerbation of his gouty arthritis. (That means a gout attack, but the doctor had to say it in such big words it amused me, and thus I'll relay it in those terms.) They put him on some medicine and he's doing much better today. :)

Now, for the book world..

I finally did it!

I finshed the entire Ender's Series.

1. Ender's Game
2. Speaker for the Dead
3. Xenocide
4. Children of the Mind
5. Ender's Shadow
6. Shadow of the Hegemon
7. Shadow Puppets

What a delightful series, if you're into strategy, armies, honor, family, love and life in general. It's hard to follow at times, and a few of the books suck, but if you read them all together the story is awesome. It's pretty much a futuristic military space sci-fi heavy into science kind of series though.

Very good books.

My next conquest is going to be the Xanth series, the Homecoming Harmony/Earth series, or maybe even the Foundation series by Asimov again. :)

Or some other random set from my harddrive *shrug*

<3

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The Xanth series is considerbly longer than the Ender series, but I haven't steared you wrong yet.

Just need to say, Damn you're a fast reader.

Sandra said...

I'm sorry Kelly was so sick, I hope he starts feeling better, poor man has been struggling with that darn gout for so long.

I am not into books like that, so I'll skip this series LMFAO

Hugs,
Sandra

Mike Golch said...

I'm sorry to hear that kelly is so sick,Ill just have to add him to my prayers as well.
sometime just for laughs try tackling JRR Toklin.I did that so long ago while I was in high school.this was during the summer and I did that during my days end evenings off from the summer jobs that I held.