Sunday, February 17, 2008

Is it too late?

Okay, this time I'm going to actually write a post, instead of just the title. ;)


I didn't do anything on slow cooker thursday, because I work all day and I'm quite lazy.

Kelly has appealed to me to make the nachos Sandra made a while back, and I've been thinking of how yummy it sounded. But for some reason God has not given me the ability to follow a recipe to the end, without altering it so much that there shouldn't have been a recipe to start with for all I listened to it. :)

So here's what we did different.

First, I fried up two lbs of 93/7 turkey meat. (Honeysuckle white--yum!) I make Kelly eat turkey because it doesn't mess with his gout or stomach too much, so most of our recipes use turkey instead of other ground meats. Anyways...fried up the meat with 2 tablespoons of chili powder, a heaping helping of minced garlic--about 3 large cloves, I kid you not--and a ton of fresh ground pepper and some cayenne pepper too!

Then I opened up a large can of WIS-CON nacho cheese. We've never tried this before, but I really dislike the consistencies I get with Velveeta or chunk cheeses. This one starts smooth, and mixes well with the other stuff I'm putting in. :)

Anyways, dumped the cheese and meat into the crock pot, added 1/2 cup of Pace Medium salsa, and 2 tablespoons of jalapeno juice.

I've got the crock pot on high right now, because I want it to get hot quickly and I'm impatient. We haven't actually tried this mess yet, but I hope it tastes yummy!

We have some lettuce and sour cream to add on top, as well as some refried beans!

I'll have Kelly let everyone know how it turned out, lol.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It turned out great everyone! Although I don't think it was very spicy. More chiles!

Sandra said...

Well I'm glad it turned out good :) I'll have to make it your way now to try it out LOL

Mike Golch said...

Glad the nachos turned out good.I see that your a wife of a USAF veteran,well this is what i tell all veteranss that runacross blogland,"Thanks for putting on your uniform and serving." Some one once said the to me,way back in the '70s.By the way I'm a former USAF and my late Father was USAAF(US Army Air Force)