Monday, March 15, 2010

Things I've Been Reading, etc.

I recently got a job at Wal*Mart, as a stocker. I have been out of work for nine months now, so even though this is not my type of work, I'm thrilled to have it!! I started last Friday, and did training over the weekend. I start my "real" work tomorrow night. I'll work 10pm to 7am, which is just about the most perfect shift ever for a night owl like me. :)

We're having delicious tacos for dinner tonight. Mom can't eat corn, so she has substituted baked potatoes for the taco shells--which as it turns out, is a delicious substitute!


I've been stuck in books lately. I read the entire "Undead and.." series by MaryJanice Davidson. Also, Remember Me and Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. (An author I met because of Sandra! Never would've picked up those shopaholic books without her stamp of approval!) I've also read Seventh Son, and the Red Prophet which are the first two books of the Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card. (He wrote the Ender series, another of my favorites!) Over the weekend in breaks at work I finished up Blood is the New Black, which was a little bit far-fetched even for me. Currently I'm reading a book called Pandora's Box--which is odd to say the least. It's about a doctor who finds a woman on fire on his door step one night. He takes her to the hospital, and ends up being the doctor who reconstructs her body from the extensive burns. He ends up marrying her...and then she vanishes. This is about as far as I have gotten, and it's an odd book. I'm not sure I'll finish it, but I enjoy the change in pace from the chick books I've been through.

Oh..another series I tore up was "Tall Dark and Dead" by Tate Hallaway. She's such a cute author, I enjoyed reading the series. It was a bit predictable, but that isn't why we read in this genre is it? No, it's the character interactions! Anyways, this was an enjoyable series. :)

In all I've been reading quite a few books in the last few months. I know I read more, but they weren't as exciting. I guess I'll have to keep a better log around here if I expect to ever remember what I read!

Anyways, Happy ides of March! ;)

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Well good gravy, where the heck did you guys disappear to? LOL

I'm glad to see you back blogging :)

Looks like you've been reading a lot, I have too, I'm drowning in books for review right now but I'm enjoying it LOL

Give our love to Kelly and the kids,
Sandra