Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ow.

I have a pretty diverse work history.

It's important to keep that in mind while reading this, because I really have tried out a lot of different jobs.

Any position where you have to stand up is going to be painful to start, you have to work kinks out of your body and the like, and get used to being on your feet. I'm not sure there is really ever a time when it's 100% pain free, but perhaps it comes in time. :)

That being said, I worked my second official shift last night. We had a lot of goods to put away. I was working in housewares, which I must say is by far my favorite section in Wal*Mart. There are about a million different pieces, and most of them hang on little pegs on the shelving units, which means you have to lift up one or two at a time and hang them up. Sounds easy enough.

1. Go to stack of goods
2. Open box with nifty box knife.
3. Put goods in cart, collecting a few boxes..
4. Run around the area you're in putting items away.
5. Rinse, repeat for 8 hours!

Okay first off, vacuums and microwaves weigh wayyyyy too much. :(

Second, after being out of work for 9 months, I have got to admit that this sort of go-go-go lift-lift-lift work is absolutely killing me! :) I'm going to try to go to the store and pick up some insoles or something....

Anyhow. I just woke up about an hour ago- and I may have to take a nap again before work. :D

Kelly made some delicious leftovers. He combined all the leftovers from dinner lastnight (cabbage and potatoes with carrots and onions - as well as the corned beef.) and added more cabbage and onions. I'm eating it right now, and it is truly delicious. I bet I'd enjoy it better if I wasn't in so much pain! LOL!

Well, off to stretch and try to come back to life.

0 comments: